Know your medicine:
Keytruda is a prescription medicine used to treat a kind of skin cancer called melanoma or advanced melanoma as well as used to help prevent melanoma from coming back after it and lymph nodes that contain cancer have been removed by surgery.
Treat advanced melanoma and lung cancer with ease:
Keytruda is not chemotherapy or radiation therapy—it is an immunotherapy and it works with your immune system to help fight certain cancers.
Keytruda can cause your immune system to attack normal organs and tissues in any area of your body. Can also affect the way they work. These problems may happen anytime during treatment or even after your treatment has ended.
Pregnancy: Not suitable
Breastfeeding: Not suitable
The concept of Advanced Melanoma, Lung Cancer & Keytruda Tablets
KEYTRUDA can cause your immune system to attack normal organs and tissues in any area of your body and can affect the way they work.
A medicine that attaches to the protein PD-1 and aids immune cells in killing cancer cells more effectively. Cancers that express the protein PD-L1, have specific mutations (changes) in genes involved in DNA repair or have a large number of tumour mutations are examples of these.
Chills or shaking, itching, rash, flushing, difficulty breathing, and disorientation are all major adverse effects, that can occur during an infusion. As a result, your doctor will monitor you for allergic reactions soon after the infusion.
HOW TO USE KEYTRUDA INJECTION
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
HOW KEYTRUDA INJECTION WORKS
Keytruda Injection is an anti-cancer medication. It is usually given through an infusion into your vein (IV) for about 30 minutes, every 3 weeks, by your doctor. Do not drive or use machines unless you are sure you are feeling well.
- Take only one tablet in 24 hours
- Take every pill at the same time
- Take this pill regularly for effective usage
- For better nervous system tolerability, take just before bedtime
- This drug can be easily absorbed by skin and lungs, so pregnant women and expecting mothers should stay away from this medicine or from the dust of the capsules
- Do not increase the dosage without prior consultation from the medical practitioner
- Increase of dosage will further lead to more side effects and increased deterioration level
Headaches, lightheadedness, Chest pain, cough or diarrhoea, Fever or chills, Joint pain, Weight loss, Rash, Passing gas, Itching and skin rash are some of the common side effects that most men suffer from.
Please go through the patient leaflet information enclosed with all your medicines for an entire list of medicines.
In case if you face any adverse side effects, you need to report to us immediately.
Each vial contains 100 mg of pembrolizumab in 4 mL of solution
Avoid having Keytruda when suffering from:
- Advanced versions of seizures
- Worsening headache
- Severe vision issues
- Using chemotherapy using docetaxel
- Improper functioning of kidneys
- Psychiatric disorders
- Do not plan a pregnancy while your partner is on the medication
- Consumption of alcohol
If any of the above conditions apply, you need to inform your prescriber that ingesting the magical pill shouldn’t create further complications.